Probably the most well known convict from the brickyard, Avery was arrested for arson, eventually escaped, and was shot by officers 2 years later on his own farm.
he area around Avery's gravestone has been excavated. The gravestone is untouched. Avery was buried somewhere at the brickyard, but the location is unknown.
Original image proposed by James English for the CBC
Old tracks which run by the site. These were used to ship to and from the CBC.
An entrance to the longest traversable tunnel
One of the easiest-to-traverse passageways.(Taken at entrance to the left)
Entrance to a second level of tunnels, most likely a second system which was build without regard for the first tunnel. (Further into the tunnel shown left)
Collapse found just before pic to the left
An old brick wall on the property
An aerial view of the brickyard
The turbine room used to pull hot air down from an above-ground kiln
A close up of the turbine pictured to the left
A back-filled tunnel found near the large entrance.
The concrete wall found at the end of the tunnel pictured left after excavation
In the woods, you can find a hole which leads back to a collapse in the main tunnel.
How the hole pictured left looks from the surface
After excavation, the hole to the left leads you to a piece of sheet metal, seemingly used to block the tunnel.
A picture taken through the hole in the sheet metal to the left shows another cave-in.However, the lack of any depression on the surface implies that this may have been blocked on purpose.
In an aerial view, one can see the large pile of brick on the property (Shown to the far right)
An old structure on the property which has been destroyed since the capture of this image.
The massive brick pile shown to the far left is home to nearly 1 million bricks

Below are some documents from the mid 1900's mapping out the site

The below maps are provided by Richard Becherer.

Drawing of CBC Property

1950-era rebuilding map of the CBC with underground tunnels displayed with dotted lines.

Similar map as the one to its left.

1960's site plan. A temporary cemetery is indicated near the property.